Monday, January 25, 2010

I know I said I wouldn't

Yet again, I find myself staring down a diet.

Or at least, I want to. I probably need to.

Ugh. Don't you just hate the word "diet"? Conjures thoughts of deprivation, hunger, grumpiness. I don't want to deal with it! And yet...

And yet...

All of the "just eat less" and "just exercise" non-advice out there doesn't help either. If it was "just" that easy, I wouldn't struggle - and neither would the millions of other people!

This time, I have friends trying too - we're all in this to support each other. Will it be successful? I don't know. I hope so...and yet, when it comes down to dinner time (or dessert time, or whatever time), ultimately it's just me and the food.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it a coincidence that the first three letters in diet are D-I-E?

Actually, I just started Weight Watchers last week, and have lost 4 lbs in my first week (yay!).

Now, a good diet does not mean deprivation, it means moderation and support. Maybe if you don’t think of it as something temporary to fix a problem but as a lifestyle change to work for your health long-term, it might be easier to deal with.

Best of luck and good health to you!