Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a greedy jerk

This weekend is our small town's little festival - "Banks Days". Today was the parade, a fun little 20 minute bit down the main street, featuring decorated combines, fire trucks, and lots of tossed candy.

The candy was the problem. The heavy-set guy to my left was being a greedy jerk about it.

Mr Greedy was grabbing all the candy he could reach - and multiple times literally took it from my 5-year-old daughter when she was inches away from grabbing it. Enough that Rachel was in tears after 5 minutes, because she had literally gotten NO candy thanks to this jerk.

And all this despite the fact that my older kids were actually sharing their candy with the guy's kids.

Un-freakin-believable.

Not to fear - we moved Rachel away from Mr Greedy, and my older kids did a great job helping her reach candy on her own. Still, for an adult to act that way is just embarrassing.

1 comment:

raych said...

Ah, those are the worst. It's amazing how many people just don't get it. When I worked at summer camp, we'd be playing some sort of all-camp game that involved tagging, and I'd bee running hyper-slow so that kids could have the thrill of TAGGING A COUNSELOR! And then some other over-competitive staff member would swoop in and tag me. Dude! Do not be so impressed that you caught me, I am not fast! Also, you seemed to have missed the point.

I'm glad your little girl got some candy after all.