Saturday, October 3, 2009

No, the Economy is Not Better

I listen to the news, read the major business websites...and despite some rather rosy projections from 'experts', I just don't believe the hype.

The economy is not recovering.

I know this because of my own series of leading indicators:

People in my job are still extremely worried about layoffs.

Goodwill is still packed with shoppers on the weekends.

eBay sales, while doing ok, are mostly to people wanting a STEEP discount, even on already less-than-retail pricing.

There's no way I'll be able to sell my house in the next year or two - heck, maybe in the next 5 years - despite my growing family's needs for more space.

So...I'm going to keep my purchases small, try to keep stocking my eBay resale items while not worrying so much about jewelry and such on Etsy (where sales are hurting), and hope that things improve before Christmas.

No comments: