Thursday, September 25, 2008

Etsy Artist Feature - KimForBeads

With so many talented artists on Etsy to choose from, I’ve really been remiss in my features lately! However, I’m thrilled to break the drought with this week’s artist – KimForBeads!

Kim makes beaded jewelry and accessories – gloves, bags, bugs, and much more. Her shop is a fun place to browse, and with roughly 170 listings, you’re sure to find something beautiful just for you!


Kim works in all kinds of beads, from stone and silver to handmade lampwork and ceramic. This gives a delightfully diverse feel to her many creations!



Like so many of us, Kim’s introduction to arts and crafts started as a child with her grandmother. Those fun experiences grew even more 18 years ago, when a job in a rock shop started her working with stone jewelry…and since then she’s perfected her craft and branched out into other mediums as well. Kim tells me her current favorites are the ceramic necklaces and branch necklaces – each One Of A Kind.



When I asked Kim to share a fun or quirky thing about herself, she confessed that she frequently beads in bed! I guess that big surface provides lots of working room…but I wonder how often she’s discovered a “lost” bead at 2am.


Be sure to check out the holiday items just being added at KimForBeads too!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog. It is wonderful.

Debra said...

Beautiful pieces!!
I will be checking out her shop.