Friday, March 7, 2008

Quick Friday 5pm thought

Ageing sucks. Big time. Yet, it's rather funny at the same time.

I mean, here I sit, at my exciting desk job, doing engineer-y things. Specifically, copying lots of measurement data into an Excel spreadsheet. Yee-haw, right?

And I'm bobbing my head along to my iPod while I do it; something, ANYTHING, to help relieve the tedium of 3 hours of data crunching.

While it plays a rather raunchy song by Nine Inch Nails. ('Animal' in case you must know)

Come on, laugh with me. Can you see some eyeglass-wearing, pocket-protector'ed geek from the 60's NASA glory days rocking out to "I want to f*** you like an animal..."? (YES, I do have headphones on!)

Got to go...just switched to Beyonce, and this geek can't type very well when Crazy In Love is playing...plus that data won't move itself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's cool that you can listen to your ipod. Music surpasses all boundaries!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about this the other day -- I was thinking to myself, I feel like a teenager lost in a middle-aged body! :)

Sheila said...

You are cool! I'm a luddite and don't want to learn to use an MP3 player!

I just tagged you for a random list of stuff - see my babymoon boutique blog for what you are supposed to do!

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Thankgod for for ipods! They get me through so much of the day!
Happy bobbing :D

Unknown said...

You can tell so much about a person by what they choose to put on their iPod! Therapists should ask to take a look when you go in for your first session - it might explain a lot. LOL!

TexasTesla said...

Haha...I must be bipolar or multiple-personality then! I have a HUGE range of music on mine, everything from pounding metal to country twang, with some opera thrown in for spice. :-)